I went to see baby M yesterday. I am not sure how my friend is doing it but she is. When I walked in she burst into tears and told me if anything happens to M, she will never be the same again. I told her that if nothing happens to M, she will never be the same again. It is amazing how quickly one is willing to put their own life on the line for a little person that they only met less than 48 hours ago.
Poor baby. She looks peaceful sleeping in a bouncer type chair (inside her crib) wrapped up snug as a bug in all her little blankets.
Its when you take the blankets away that your heart just breaks. She has been poked and prodded so many times she looks like she had a fight with a mean ol’ alley cat.
Baby M has, among several others tests, had a spinal tap and an upper GI. The doctor has assured them that they will be taking Mady home, and whatever it is that has been causing her problems is not fatal or life threatening.
As of right now they are waiting for the rest of cultures. If at the 24 hour mark they are clear, they might just get to go home TONIGHT! If they show infection they will be staying for at least the next 2 weeks as she will need IV antibiotics.
Thank you all for your prayers and warm wishes – if you can muster out just a few more that things come back clear I know they would be much appriciated by all.
I will be back with an update as soon as I hear how her cultures look.