We made it home. It was a long trip in a very short time. There are stories to tell and pictures to share. Until then….
- My idea of a clean restroom and the idea of those who plaster “Clean Restrooms” all over their interstate signs, are very different.
- My mother is a fabulous backseat (and passenger seat) driver.
- Stupid, stupid daylight (or lack there of) savings time. We do not participate in such a silly clock ritual as the rest of y’all and we forgot to figure that into our travel time.
- When I told the manager of Olive Garden that I would never be back to his restaurant, I meant it.
- They say home is where your heart is, but right now I feel like I left mine in Colorado.
- My dad snores really loud, no matter how many pillows you throw across the hotel room at him.
- It really is a small world, the priest who gave the homily at my uncle’s funeral was a roundabout relative. His sister married my mom’s first cousin, who’s dad was my uncle’s brother (making him my uncle but I didn’t want to confuse you :). Gotta love how Midwesterners describe how they know someone or even better where someone lives.
- 3 days without Tivo and internet have left me way behind.
- I still can’t stop crying.