I understand 100% that it wasn’t your fault* that there was gum in your pocket when I washed your shorts.
- I was the one who bought the gum.
- I was the one who picked the clothes up off your bedroom floor to wash them.
- I am the one who carried them downstairs and put them in the washer, and then into the dryer.
- I am also the one who didn’t check YOUR pockets to make sure they were gum free.
Because it was MY fault I didn’t mind in the least bit:
- Picking little bitty pieces of gum off of all the other clothes in the load
- Picking little bitty pieces of gum out of the washer
- Trying to figure out how to get melted little bitty pieces of gum out of the dryer
- Wasting 2 hours doing the above mentioned activies.
Of course I would be happy to stop at the store on my way home and buy you a new pack of gum, being it was all my fault that the other was wasted.
*I am sure Daddy must have been the one to leave it your shorts the last time he wore them, since you are sure it wasn’t you who left it in there.