I saw this over at Shanny’s and figured why not be cool like her.
Where did you grow up: I was born in a wee bitty little Podunk town in Iowa, moved to Germany, and finally AZ. Most of my summers were spent in Podunk.
WHAT DO YOU CALL:
1. A body of water, smaller than a river, contained within relatively narrow banks.
2. Whats the thing you push around the grocery store is called.
3. A metal container to carry a meal in.
4. The thing that you cook bacon and eggs in.
5. The piece of furniture that seats three people.
6. The device on the outside of the house that carries rain off the roof.
Gutter (not that we have or need these)
7. The covered area outside a house where people sit in the evening.
8. Carbonated, sweetened, non-alcoholic beverages.
9. A flat, round breakfast food served with syrup.
10. A long sandwich designed to be a whole meal in itself.
11. The piece of clothing worn by men at the beach.
Trunks and or suit
12. Shoes worn for sports.
13. Putting a room in order.
Cleaning or picking up
14. A flying insect that glows in the dark.
Lightening bug (We do not have these here sadly, but when Noodle was little she called them Flashlight Bugs, how cute is that?)
15.The children’s playground equipment where one kid sits on one side and goes up while the other sits on the other side and goes down.
16. How do you eat your pizza?
With a fork about half way up the slice, then pick it up
17. Private citizens put up signs and sell their used stuff?
Yard Sale or Garage Sale
18. What’s the evening meal?
19. What do you call the thing that you can get water out of to drink in public places?
20. What do you call the clothing covering for legs worn on the outside?
Go ahead and do it, you know you want to.
Be sure to let me know if you do so we can argue that it is indeed call Pop and NOT Soda.