Man am I bummed. Hubs and I were supposed to go away for the weekend with Mama B and Papa B in April to Vegas. Both Grandma’s willingly and without guilt offered to watch the kiddos ( I should have know then it was too good to be true). Hubs was 95% sure he would be able to go (remember he got a new job that I haven’t told you about yet, but promised that I would and I
suck am sorry about that) but he had to wait and see because he was hiring another person that started today and was pretty sure he would be able to take a day off to go once he got some help.
Now, the person he hired was someone who had worked for him before and when he told me he was re-hiring him I was none to happy and warned him to be careful. Oh no he assured me, he has grown up and changed and will be great! Hubs sent me a text a little while ago:
Hubs: He went to lunch and sent me a text and said he wasn’t coming back.
Mar: Are you kidding me?
Hubs: Nope, he is gone.
Mar: I told you he was a f*cking a$$ hole.
Yes, I am pissed that it looks like we will not be going to Vegas now but I am more mad that this punk has screwed Hubs over yet again (and a tidge bit that Hubs let it happen).
I don’t understand why or how people get away this type of thing. Why is it that they think the world owes them and everything should be handed to them?
I guess I will be enjoying my fruity beverages without little umbrellas in them from the picnic table in my backyard come that weekend in April.
Noodle and I kicked off her spring break by going shopping. Sadly, we went shopping for ceiling fans. It has gotten to the point that is too warm to sleep upstairs without 1) ceiling fans or 2) turn on the AC. I for one am not ready to opt for #2.
I drug the poor girl all over town trying to find something I liked and would “go” in the house. I knew exactly what I wanted for Noodle’s room but the other two rooms not so much.
We must have driven 100 miles and were in and out of store after store. Noodle was a trooper for about the first hour or so but then decided it was no fun (I decided the same thing) and wasn’t the most cooperative but didn’t complain too much. Finally, I found the one I wanted!! Of course it was the one fan without a sticker / tag on it telling you where on the shelf you could find it. Noodle, took it upon herself to look at each and every box
so we could get the hell out of there to help me find it. After no luck with that I asked someone for help. Guess what? He couldn’t find it either. So he asked someone else. Come to find out, they don’t carry the fan.
WTF? It is hanging there with a price tag on it but you don’t carry it? They tried and tried to talk me into a different fan but I wasn’t having any of it. They offered to sell me the one they had hanging up but couldn’t promise it was all there (?) or that it worked. Oh yes please! Sell me a non-functional ceiling fan. That will serve a purpose.
Back into the truck and a few more stops and I ended up finding 2 I liked. Turns out I liked them much more in the store than I do now that Hubs spent the last 3 nights hanging them but they will be fine. (They are nice fans, the coloring is just off a bit from the rooms they are in but maybe it is just me (HA!) and no one else will think anything of it).
After the great ceiling fan fiasco of 2008 and feeling guilty for subjecting Noodle to such torture I took her here. Talk about torture. I hate that store with a passion. Anyway, Noodle had some gift cards from her birthday which were burning a hole in her pocket that I encouraged her to spend every penny of (had you seen the look of shear shock and then glee on her face you would realize we have some pretty strong rules when it comes to spending at our house) she was in hog heaven. (I can tell all you nice people it was purely a selfish gesture on my part as if she spent it all, I would not have to be subjected to going back anytime soon). Noodle lovingly fondled
all the shit all the bling bling in the store before making her big decisions and 45 minutes later we were on our way home.
I am happy to report that we are sleeping cool as cucumbers, which is nice because it keeps me from getting up at night and going in and check on Noodle and have to try to avoid the land mines of her “treasures” to 2:00 am with no shoes on that have become floor decorations.
Money well spent for both of us in our own humble opinions.
Bossman does E$tate Sales sometimes in his spare time. I have a small list of things that we
need want. A refrigerator for the garage was numero uno on the list. Turns out he is having sale this weekend and there is a fridge there. This was the conversation:
BM: I have a fridge at my sale
Me: How much?
BM: $200.00, there is also a stand up freezer there.
Me: Thanks but we only need the fridge to keep extra pop and water in, we are ok on freezer space.
BM: I understand $200.00 is too much to spend to keep your food frozen but it is well worth it to keep your beer cold.
Me: Yeah, pretty much.
(Feel free to stop by Saturday afternoon there will cold beer in the garage!!).
I was tagged by Shannon at Project Mommy for a 7 Weird Things About Me. At first I didn’t think I could come up with 7 things that I thought were weird until I really started thinking about it. Now, I think I could do a 77 weird things meme. Without further ado:
- When I was 3 I shaved my eyebrows off. (My dad left his razor on the sink and I found it. The day before my mom took my brother and I for pictures)
- I love peanut butter and miracle whip sandwiches. They have to be open faced (no top) with the peanut butter on the bottom. My dad was the only other person in the world I knew who would eat them until one day Mama B and I were talking and some how the conversation came up and guess what! She loves them to. It was decided right then and there we would be BFFs. (I also love ketchup with my grilled cheese, but I think lots of other people do as well).
- I can not, can not, can not brush my teeth without the water running. Yes I am well aware at the amount of water that I must waste but its the only way I can do it. (When we are camping I have to sike myself up for brushing my teeth with just a cup of water. Eww. I think it is because I feel like I need the running water to get my tooth brush clean).
- I will not eat pepperoni. I think I have blogged about this before. My uncle had a goat named Calvin, one day we went to visit and naughty Calvin was gone. I asked where he went and my uncle said he sent him to the pepperoni factory. Game Over. No more pepperoni for me.
- My mom has 8 brothers and sisters. Each second born child of each sibling is left handed. I am the second born to my mother making me left handed. There are 8 left handed grand children and 23 that are not. The 8 of us who are left handed are also the only ones of the 31 who do not wear glasses. Genetics is a funny thing.
- I had my first snow day in school when I was in kindergarten. I had my second snow day my last year of college. Full circle maybe?
- I can not sleep if I know there are dirty dishes in my sink. I can be dog ass tired and if there are dishes in the sink I will toss and turn until I get up and wash them. (For those of you who know how much I love my sleep this is saying alot!).
I am / was in charge of planning an activity for a little something something. Before I scheduled the activity I sent the big cheese an email double checking the time and date. Oh thats great was the reply.
Off went the emails letting everyone know the details. Not 2 minutes later the big cheese sent me an email. Oh no, they will have to be late to said activity. I was LIVID to say the least.
I called Mama B to vent and talk me down off the ledge I was about ready to leap off of. I explained the situation and she said “
Dumbass That is the first night the girls have softball practice, so you will have to be late as well”. He he… oops. Sorry bout that one. Maybe I should have checked my own calendar as well.
At least my child has one mother who knows what is going on.
I was at a meeting the other night and go figure the one time I forget to put my phone on vibrate it rings.
I started kicking my purse trying to get it to at least flip over so maybe no one else would hear it ringing.
Then it rang again so I slid down in my chair and was trying very hard to kick it again without being obvious. I must have looked like I was having a seizure or something because the person next to me asked if I was ok.
He asked me if I was ok just as I opened my purse (to turn off my phone) and my phone sang out loud and clear …. Continue reading
May you always walk in sunshine.
May you never want for more.
May Irish angels rest their wings right beside your door.
Happy St. Paddy’s Day!!! We will postponing our festivities this year as the big day falls during Holy Week but we will more than make up for it soon.
When Irish eyes are smiling,
Sure, ’tis like the morn in Spring.
In the lilt of Irish laughter
You can hear the angels sing.
When Irish hearts are happy,
All the world seems bright and gay.
And when Irish eyes are smiling,
Sure, they steal your heart away.
I must admit she is a beautiful animal.
This picture was taken less than a week ago, less than a mile from our house.
We hear coyotes howling all the time and have on occasion seen White Tail Deer running down our street.
Logically I knew there were mountain lions in the mountains (duh!) by the house, but man does this make it seem so real.
Any one want to come and visit??
(Click on the picture to make it bigger, I didn’t realize how hard it would be to see)