- Saturday morning we reclaimed our missing belongings from the random storage units around town and everything we own in now under one roof. Our roof.
- Just when I think I have emptied the last box marked “kitchen” Hubs brings 2 more in from the garage. I don’t remember having all that stuff. I have started a box for St. Vincent de Paul. Does one really need 3 different sets of measuring cups? I think not.
- Pictures. Maybe some day. I had the cord laying on the counter and it seems to have grown legs and walked away. As soon as I find it, I promise to post some.
- Rain, rain go away. By golly we really need it here, but rain makes mud and with only dirt in the backyard my dogs are covered in it. What a mess.
- My washer and dryer are hooked up! For a family of 3, in which 2 wear uniforms we sure have alot of dirty clothes in a weeks time. I can’t believe I am saying this, I miss the washer at the fall home. It was a super de duper high capacity and I could get laundry done in less than half the time than it took me yesterday.
- Noodle’s school is collecting pennies to give
me another herniato the needy, wanna guess who gets to count them all? Believe me, its a whole lotta pennies. I will let you know how much $$ they collect.
- Did I tell you we had to have the gas man out to our house the 2nd night we were there? Apparently when your meter shakes and makes a funny noise its not a good thing.
- My baby is going to her first boy / girl dance next week. At first I thought it was really cute. Now? Not so much. 11 year girls can tease like no ones business and there are not enough tissues in the world to dry the tears they inflict upon each other.
- Not to be outdone by Vixen and her lovely yellow toilet, we have no heat at work and the bathroom is freezing. I put a flood light in the fixture and have been leaving it on hoping it warms it up. A cold toilet seat is a bad, bad thing in my book.
- We are finally getting our morning routine on track. I think we have found our route of choice and have it timed just about right. Its amazing how leaving 5 mins before or 5 mins after your departure time can really screw things up.
- Friday I will be staying home so everyone and their brothers can come to the house. Appliance guy, satellite guy,plumber, electrician, A/C guy. I know I am missing someone but the more the merrier I guess.
- Hubs put the Christmas tree up. Thank goodness it comes prelit as I doubt there will be nary an ornament on it this year. I really need to try and find the tree skirt though. We may just use a sheet. Blue plaid would look nice wouldn’t it?
- Saturday night the B household is having a
Shotbirthday party. Its gonna be fun times. Thankfully our fridge will be here Friday so I can go to the store and get the fixings for some delicious crab dip. I think I will make lake dip as well. Why is it called lake dip? Cause we always have it at the lake of course. Its easy… 2 blocks cream cheese, 8 oz shreaded cheese (I use cheddar) 6 oz can chopped black olives, and 1 jar (maybe 12oz?) of salsa. Mix it all up and yummy is all I have to say. I usually serve it with tortilla chips. I have also rolled it in tortillas and made it as wraps. Again, yummy.
- Who knew when you went to buy blinds for your windows and had them custom cut that they won’t take them back when
HUBS!someone didn’t measure correctly. That is some expensive fire wood my friends.
- MIL was out to the house for the first time last night. Grrr. I hid upstairs. She didn’t come to see me anyway.
That is everything in a nut shell. A rather large nut shell but I think that is everything. Hopefully I will be back sooner rather than later.